Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's Over...It's Time To Let Go



I have always encouraged every reader in this marriage site to save and don’t give your marriage to chance. But how can you save a marriage if self-respect and self-worth is already an issue?

 
For the past 10 years I have been married to my husband. I have lived a life of pretensions. Pretending and lying to my parents that our relationship was going well. Eventhough my parents and relatives can see the real him I was blinded because of my love for him then. It was so hard for me to have given your all and given your love to someone but you have not received anything in return. I was giving my best in our marriage but as I always say marriage takes two to tango. It is very hard to be in any relationship if it is only one person who is always giving. I was blinded and got to the point of neglecting and even forgetting myself.

 
I have never felt loved in our relationship. It was hurts upon hurts. It has been an emotional and mental torment for me. I have given him many chances but things were growing worse between us. I can handle the situation if I was the only one involved but when my kids’ step in it is another story. I can’t bear seeing my kids being hurt physically. His work was always his priority and we his family was always his last.

 
My parents, friends and relatives where shocked to know of what I have been going through. I have given all my best in this relationship but what hurts the most is when the person who was closest to you was the one who always hurts you.

 
I have reached to the point of giving up and letting go of our relationship. It is better that both of us be on our own separate ways rather than letting me be in a relationship that was destroying my self-worth and self-respect as a woman and as a whole person.

 
My parents have said to him and this goes to all of my readers. “A wife should be treated as a helpmate and not a helper.” It will be best to save at least the remaining value of myself and the safety and brighter future of my kids. I don’t want them to grow up being abused in any way.

 
Now we have decided to go on separate ways. It is sad for you all my readers to hear this but this is reality. We all go through trials and each of us has a journey. This is my life’s journey and the path for which I have to take.It is over and it is time to let go. Thank you for all of you who have been always there. Thank You….















No comments:

Post a Comment