Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Be strong and move on…

This has always been our favorite quote on our marriage. This few words are indeed easy to say but how can you dare say it if tears began to fall? How many times in your life or in your relationship did you experience hurt and pain like you wouldn’t want to wake up because of dismay? Can you say this few words when it seems you are buried alive in a pit of hardships?

Weddings are indeed the most happy and most memorable event for every couple. However, marriage is not as easy as saying “I do”. Many couples love to say I love being married but how you can say it if rough time comes. My wife and I have been married for 10 happy years and we can say that we have gone through crossroads and bumps in our married life.

After my wife gave birth to our second son, she has been already experiencing several heart attacks. She faints every time and anywhere when her heart hurts and starts to stop beating. I even experienced several times of breathing air to her just to let her live again. Many times, have I cried to God for help and ask Him to give my wife a longer life to live. Then came another tide, recession was a tremendous global issue that affected millions of workers all over the world. I was one of those workers who lost his job last year and for three months; my family have to rely on our own financial savings. That same year my kids were hospitalized and both of them have to cure for more than a week and our expenses were not going well. The last resource was to sell our car to support our finances. God has been so gracious to us because he also gave me work so we have to start saving our finances again. Another tide came when I was diagnosed of having a gall bladder problem that even added to our burden. Both of us were crying because we were just thinking of our kids of who will take care of them. Both of their parents have a health problem and you know the question always pops up what if one of us would have to go and join our Creator? My wife would always say I do not know how I can live without you; and me either. Our family is our most precious treasure and losing one of them would be a major thing for me. Sometimes we would ask how long will our tides be coming and when will the seas be peaceful and calm?

Failures come in our lives occasionally and how you dare respond to it, that what matters most.Both of us learned to be strong and move on not just for us but also for our children. We cannot allow ourselves to cry on one side of our room and being frightened of what tomorrow may bring. We should not worry about trying to change the future, just focus on doing it one day at a time. Decide that you are going to do your best that you can be. God knows what is the best future ahead of us . Our problems seem to pile up and sometimes our problems are giants bigger than we are. However, we learned to use these problems to make us strong, persevere, and be patient for that will help us succeed in life.

Instead of giving up and letting ourselves be buried in our problems, shake off our problems and step on it. In time, we will see the promise that God has prepared for us. Learn always to say thank you. “In all His Yes because he warms our hearts, in all His No because He alone knows what is best for us and in all His Wait because He knows we have to trust Him more.” St.Thomas Aquinas once said, “We can raise our hilltops with whatever life gives or throws at us. The good, bad and even the most painful experiences can be opportunities for us to grow in wisdom and virtue.” Be strong and move on…I know our love for each other and God’s love will see us through…I KNOW HE WILL..

No comments:

Post a Comment