A couple entering marriage with childhood loads with them is normal. But doing the same mistakes like how your parents treated you to your children or letting your past anger be the thorn in your marriage is a huge problem. I have been a slave of indiscriminate anger and pointing my fingers and putting the blame to my parents didn’t help at all. It is a complete NO because it will only deepen your bitterness towards them and your children and your husband will be the target victim of your outburst anger.
My spouse confronted me with this situation and I discovered that the one thing that was lacking in my entire childhood is communication. My anger grew and grew because I kept it to myself. I didn’t share my problems to anybody, I often lock myself in my room and I didn’t have any person to listen to my troubles. If you feel you can’t open up to your husband at least find a trusted friend who can be a good listener.
To avoid making the same mistakes committed by your parents, you need to do the process of forgiveness and restoration. Forgiveness is a decision you have to make. It is a process and it doesn’t take overnight to undo everything. Embracing my mother more often and telling her that I love her personally is the hardest thing to do but the most important step to start your healing process.
Accepting to yourself that it has already been done and finished is the second step. Let go of the past because you can’t change it anymore. It will remain as a memory that needs not to be affecting your future. Forget and leave the bad memories behind but treasure the good memories and keep it us a learning tool for your future. Don’t let your past affect your future life for sure you will be the looser in the end! Break your bondage from your past memories. Try focusing on your present life and making your family a priority rather than harboring your anger and loosing the love of your family in the end.
I decided to let go of my hatred and set my eyes on loving my children and my partner. It was not an easy process but taking the first step can lead to a race to the finish line which is forgiveness and restoration. Don’t let those past memories ruin your future as I have always said to myself I love my family and I won’t let anybody or anything even try to destroy my family. If you are hurting now it’s time to Let Go my friend and accept the gradual changes in your life!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment