I am an engineer and I am one of the officers in an international company here in our country. I have the wonderful opportunity to travel and speak to seminars or forums in our country and some parts of the world. I would have to leave my wife and two kids in our apartment for two weeks because of work. There is no option for us but to pray throughout the days that I am gone. One of my fears is to leave them but I learned to lift them up to the Lord’s guidance and care.
At no time, have my prayers ever been more urgent than when I was awakened one morning by a call from my wife. We were just four years married then, I was assigned to supervise a project in Cebu and I have to leave my two-month pregnant wife alone. All of our relatives where in the province and she said it was ok for me to leave her for a few days. The next morning my wife was crying over the phone asking me if I could go home. She was having bleeding and she said she was all cold and shaking. She did not went to work that time because she could not even stand on her own. She was crying and she did not know what to do. My wife was very frightened and always talking about our baby. I called my in-laws but they have to travel six hours by land and what we need was an immediate help. My wife called her officemate in the bank and asks if she could accompany her in the hospital. I scheduled for a flight immediately but it will take six hours travelling time. That was one of the most frightening experience for me because I did not know the condition of my wife and I was far away when she needed my help. My only option was to pray and cry to God for help and for her safety.
She was rushed to the hospital and when I arrived my wife was inside the delivery room. The doctor said that they were sorry because they could not save the baby. My wife had miscarriage and luckily, she was rushed to the hospital at the proper time. She had a near to death experience because some part of her blood was already poisoned. Without our knowledge, our baby has not been breathing in my wife’s womb for days. When my wife was already inside our room, I cried and embraced her. That was the most loved and valuable moment that I have experienced in our early marriage. We were indeed sad that our baby had to go but we believe God has a purpose for everything and that He will give our baby back to us. Now, we have two kids and remembering that day would just give us a smile that even though I am far from my family I will always be assured that God will guide them always!

No comments:
Post a Comment