Is your spouse in physical or emotional pain? Do you feel hopeless and you do not know what to do about it? Some couples when faced with this situation tend to move away or sort to doing awful things. If you want to save your marriage, prayer and compassion are two things you have to bear in mind. Moving away from the situation will not be helpful; it will only lead to added frustration and setbacks that will hurt your marriage. The right thing to do is learn and face the truth, be compassionate, try to look for solutions and do everything to make your spouse feel that you are always there.
My wife has heart problems and until now, it has been one of our battles in our marriage. It all started when my wife gave birth to our second child. She took this birth control pill for more than a year it was ok and there was no side effects at all except a little weight gain. A few months later, my wife became weak and fainted for several times. At first, she said it was just a tiring day or she feels stressed out. Days passed by and her case worsened, she had heart palpitations, difficulty in breathing, vomiting and abdominal pains. She continued taking it but on her second year, my wife had severe pain in the chest that reached her left arm, collapsed and fallen unconscious several times usually at midnight. It was not just scary it was frightful to see your wife lying there and I cannot just rush her to the hospital immediately because I had my two kids sleeping, we have no maid and have no car. It was panic then I shook her a bit, I even slapped her in the face, gave her CPR to revive her, “I’ve done anything just to breathe life to here again”. After, a few tries and solemn prayers my wife got conscious and Yes! I felt it was one of the best days of my life I was a hero because I saved not just my wife but the mother of my children.
My wife already stopped using the pill but she had still heart problems. She is taking medications and diet plans and in the process of healing. I would always pray for her health and give her suggestions on the proper food to give her a healthy heart. My wife would always say thank you for my prayers and listening to her frustrations. An important part of being compassionate is to be a listener and a good listener listens effectively to the sufferings of their spouse. Always be willing to spend time to listen and not in any way give your spouse a reason to make them feel that you have “more important things to do”. Lift your prayers to God and learn to focus on the good things in life. Focus yourself on the healer and not on your pain!

No comments:
Post a Comment