Friday, March 12, 2010

Do not give your marriage to chance!

Good day! I just finished looking at our wedding album and it brings back memories. When my wife and I got married just as every couple, we had many expectations. We planned that our marriage will always be happy and a total success. However, on our early marriage things did not turn out as we expected to be. There have been irritations, fights and misunderstandings.

My wife would often complain on my quality and quantity time for my family. I focused more on my work after marriage to increase our income, but I realized that too much work gradually decreased my time and attention to my family. My work is from 8-5pm but I will do overtime and go home past midnight. On weekends, I would have sidelines and missed important occasions of my family because of work. If I were home, I would sit in front of my computer and continue my unfinished office work. Financially we were going ok but my relationship with my wife and children suffered.

It was not until then my wife confronted me about this matter in tears. She said that she appreciated all what I was doing in my work to give them more than enough of what they need financially but they needed more of my time. She said that they love me and she wants me especially my kids to play and bond with them. I realized that it is not bad to work but do not overdo it! Yes, it is every man’s desire to have a good work and to give more than enough income to his family because admit it, it adds up to our identity. We should balance our time for work and our time for our family.

Couples have to accept reality in their marriage. Chances are there will be misunderstandings and irritations. Chances are there will be failures and unexpected problems that will arise. Chances are there will be people hurting and will be meddling in your marriage. Chances are there will be temptations on the way. Most couples do not end up long in their relationship because they give up adjusting and resolving these chances in marriage. They pack up, refused to handle the situation and end up in separate ways. However, a lasting marriage can be achieved if each couple can withstand disappointments and is willing to adjust to changes. Each couple must learn to accept the reality of marriage and support each other to their growth as a couple. All of us are created differently, all of us have flaws and chances are differences create disappointments. All of us must be prepared to change and adjust to have a lasting marriage. Do not give your marriage to chance! Chances are a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment