Monday, March 8, 2010

Appreciating your wife's motherhood

I just got my paycheck and it was a relief to accept payments for your efforts. A woman being a wife and a mother does not know these things. She is not paid for her efforts, no sick and vacation leaves and always on overtime. Before I got married, I just wondered how woman could survive being a mother and a wife without being paid for their efforts. Wives have a greater role in doing household chores, taking care of kids, and doing it every day can be stressful and exhausting. However, if a woman gives appropriate care and time to her husband and children she will get her reward for her life- giving labor of love.

When I got married, it is then when I learned how to appreciate wives and mothers most especially. My wife would do the household chores; take care of our children, which she is good. We had two maids before but they cannot meet our demands especially in taking good care of our baby. She resigned from her job and decided to be a full-time homemaker so she can focus her attention to our family. At first, it was quite hard because she had been working from the time she graduated. However, she realized that although she is not paid for her efforts she got the benefits of having my love and loyalty, out-pouring love of our children and a more peaceful and smooth marriage.

Saying simple things like “I love you”, “You look wonderful” or a simple “I love the food you cooked” can make your wife feel important. To show my appreciation, during Sundays I would do cooking and play with my kids. My wife would have her time to rest for a while and enjoy her moment. She would often read her favorite books and do researches in the internet. So, do not be surprised if one day she will be joining me to be one of the authors in my blog. Spouses need to learn how to bring back their love language. If you cannot think of something, then go back to the first cherished day you met your wife. The ways you did when you courted her and how did you get her to say yes to marry you.

Your wife is a gift from God and if you make her feel important, significant and admired, she will prove to be your most valuable asset for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment