I went home last night with a joy in my heart to see my family waiting for me. My wife and two children usually sit outside our door and waits for my arrival. My wife would say that waiting for me to arrive becomes one of their bonding moments. They would sit, sing songs and look at the moon and the stars while waiting for me. When I finally came home, my children would always run to embrace me and tell me were glad you are here daddy! Every day I would come home having something for my kids. I would bring home anything; even little candies can give them always a smile. It is a pretty thing that young children are contented even on the most little things especially if it comes from their father.
My wife would usually kiss me and smile looking at my kids enjoy the food that I have bought them. That night I gave my wife a lovely surprise. I bought her a pasta dish and a drink that happens to be her favorite. She was surprised because I do not usually do that. She asked me why there is an occasion or have you done something wrong? I said, “No it’s just one of my ways to say thank you for being a good wife and a nice mother.” My wife smiled and said thank you for making her day beautiful.
Love always communicates through emotions. Try to understand your partners love language. If you cannot think of a lovely surprise then think of the things that you have done before she said yes to marry you. Did you often give her flowers, letters or a simple text message can make her happy?
We should learn to appreciate our partners and make them feel that they are a special part of our lives. Communication does not always mean to be verbal. Your partner will love you best if you communicate with simple gestures of caring and thoughtfulness. As what I always say, “Courtship must not end after marriage it should remain in a relationship, it is a lifetime process.”

No comments:
Post a Comment