Being a husband and a father is not an easy job. Marriage gets even more challenging when children gets into the picture. Irritations of being a husband and a father are always there but it is on how you deal with them points to be the real issue. Every husband wants to have enough time with his wife and children but work occupies a lot of their time. One of the major goals of a man in his life is to get a good job, to provide a stable and secure support for his family. Husbands are highly appreciated for providing financial income for his family but some men are overdoing it. When work becomes your top priority chances are your time with your family is sacrificed. Of course, having a good job to provide for your family is highly admirable but overdoing it is not right.
In our early marriage, I would work on weekdays and have overtime until midnight. I will always come home at night to see that both of my children are already sleeping. On weekends, I would do sidelines like drawing engineering projects for other people. I was focused on getting additional income for my family and worst I would fail to attend important events with my family. One day, one of my children got sick and I have to stay at the hospital with my wife. I realized that work must not be my top priority. Having a balanced time working and spending quality time with my family is an important key for a strong marriage.
It is very important for a father to know his presence in his own home. The presence of a father in his home gives his family security, love and protection. Spending time especially with your children and wife does not only create a strong bond but it gives them the chance to feel and think that you are a valuable or an important part of their lives.
When work becomes your top priority, it is time to balance things. It would be better to have a happy family and being financially stable at the same time. No matter how much you are earning from your work, spending time with your wife and children is far more valuable, it is indeed PRICELESS!

No comments:
Post a Comment